Marketing automation is software, methods, and tactics to enhance online processes around identifying potential customers, converting viewers into customers, and trading the results.
In the perfect world it will allow small companies to act like a Fortune 500 company: nurture prospects with highly personalized, useful content that helps convert prospects to customers and turn customers into delighted customers.
There are a slew of app providers and a diverse selection of services that combine to offer varying levels of marketing services.
Marketing is a major function for every business. The marketing landscape is constantly shifting, evolving and becoming increasingly complex as consumers rely on a multitude of devices to consume media.
From campaign management to lead management, targeting, segmentation, and more, Apps offer a comprehensive suite of marketing automation tools. Launch campaigns in days, rather than weeks, to support sales initiatives, events, renewals, and a variety of other activities. Here is a partial list of services:
- Email marketing and campaign management
- Lead generation
- Measure and optimize ROI
- Search marketing
- Landing pages and forms
- Website visitor tracking
- Web and mobile personalization
- Email marketing with fully-branded templates
- Intuitive WYSIWYG interface for landing page design
- Connect all your search campaigns in a single platform
- Lead scoring, grading, and nurturing tools
- Real-time sales alerts and CRM integration
- Robust, multi-channel social marketing
- Campaign templates tailored to your marketing objectives
- Automate email marketing, demand generation, and content marketing
- Nurture contacts with automated welcome emails
- Webinars, up-sell campaigns, and more
- Event management and automation
- Multi-channel and email marketing campaigns
- Monitor leads, landing pages, and performance in one
- Content management system to streamline content creation
- Use real-time data to provide relevant, contextual marketing experiences
- Build automated workflows around your goals
- Convert, track, and categorize leads
An Ocean Of Possibility
Let’s take a look at Zapier since they have come to my attention lately.
Zapier lets you easily connect the web apps you use, making it easy to automate tedious tasks. In a sense, Zapier is a marketplace bazaar of apps that get different marketing tasks accomplished.
You can wait for third-party app developers to offer the software integrations you need. You can hire expensive freelance programmers to build custom software for you.
Or you can simply do it yourself with Zapier, and then get back to the work that matters most to your business. For example, let’s take a web form from your site.
Here's an example of a Zap
You are using a form you built at Wufoo with a free or paid account.
Overtime that for,r is completed a new lead is created in Salesforce.
You can create Zaps like these using over 200 web apps without knowing anything about code.
Once you've made a Zap, we'll run it for you automatically without any additional effort on your part.
With Zapier taking care of repetitive tasks, you get to focus on the exciting business challenges that need your attention.
There's no need to hire expensive developers or spend time building complex service integrations yourself.
Having talked about Zapier, let’s make it clear that you can also connect and use many marketing apps yourself.
For example, you can use Wufoo forms with Mailchimp, both free, to collect visitor information, then store it in an online database, plus send out beautiful, custom newsletters to those people who opted in on your web form.
Have a question about this? Send us an email and we can help.